Friday, June 11

Fabulous Finds from Etsy

To see this post on Get Married's Wedding Dish as the Featured Blog of the Day, click HERE!
I have yet to meet a bride that doesn’t absolutely love Etsy, the crafty and popular online marketplace that sells beautiful wedding essentials that are totally one-of-a-kind. Artists and designers from all around the world gather on this one site to market their handmade trinkets and unique products that are quality-crafted with total pride and attention to detail.  If you’ve been following my blog you already know I’m a huge fan of DIY projects, but sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming to do everything by hand when there is just so much to be done in wedding planning. So to eliminate some of the stress as I approach our 3-month countdown, I decided to turn to the talents of Etsy members to find exactly what I needed in order to mark a few DIY to-do’s off my checklist.
Not only do I adore handmade, crafty items that will make our wedding day unique, but it’s also important to me that whatever we purchase for the wedding is re-usable once the big day is over. For example, if you recall my post on our unity ceremony, we’ll be having a sand ceremony using flower vases that can be used as home decor after we’re married. And instead of having guests sign a simple book that we’ll probably never look at again, they’ll instead sign the matte from the frame that will encase the vinyl record of our our first-dance song. So when it came to purchasing wedding items from Etsy, I thought about ways that my purchases could be used during and after the wedding day. For example, the dress hanger customized by LilaFrances with my new “Mrs.” last name will be used to hang my dress for photos, but can also be used to stylishly hang my personalized “Mrs.” robe in our bedroom closet after the wedding:
 lilafrances Fabulous Finds from Etsy
I know my hair stylist will do an amazing job working this handcrafted faux-rose by HARTfeltart  into my hairstyle on the big day, but I’m also looking forward to using it to dress up with on our honeymoon and for special occasions afterward:
 il 430xN 148920844 Fabulous Finds from Etsy
And this adorable personalized miniature plate by wiseimpressions will double as a ring-holder for taking photos (by tying the rings into the ribbon) until the ceremony begins, but then will everafter be used as a keepsake Christmas ornament:
 wiseimpressions Fabulous Finds from Etsy
There is truly something for every bride’s style and budget to be found on Etsy. Have you ever purchased items from Etsy members? How are you re-using wedding items after the day is over?
(All Photos borrowed from Etsy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment