Tuesday, April 20

Wedding Week Series: Dress and Tux Picks

It was such a relief to mark off the wedding party’s attire from my lengthy to-do list! Last Saturday I met my girls at a cute little boutique in St. Louis called Karen’s where each girl tried on a dress that I’d found while browsing the Bari Jay website. I wasn’t at all surprised to see that the dress was just as perfect in person as it had looked on the website! The sample dress in the store was black but the color the girls will actually wear is Celedon Green. The bridesmaids are going to look so gorgeous and I can’t wait to see everyone in the gowns once they arrive fitted and in the right color. My Maid of Honor (and lil’ sis) was first to try on the dress, and even though it was a few sizes too big you can still get an idea of the style…


My cousin also modeled the dress beautifully…


Once the girls placed their dress order and the selection was truly final, Joe and I wasted no time in going the very next day to pick matching tuxes at Men’s Wearhouse. For the groomsmen we went with celedon green vests (known as Peridot in their collection) and chose solid black vests from the same geometric collection for the dads to wear. Joe selected a champagne-colored vest from the same collection so that he’ll match the champagne gown I’ll be wearing.

Since he’s an usher for the ceremony, my little brother also had to get fitted for his tux and I couldn’t help but sneak some snapshots of him getting ready for his big sister’s wedding (too cute!)…

So have you chosen your wedding party’s attire yet? Where did you find the dresses and tuxes?


(Photo Credits: Tux photos from www.menswearhouse.com, all others are personal photos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment