Sunday, February 21

Wedding Mistakes to Avoid


If you’ve read my past blogs, you know I’m an avid wedding-book reader. Since I’m planning the whole wedding based on my knowledge alone, I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing. So I’ve spent countless hours in the cafe at Borders Bookstore sharpening my planning skills and self-educating on etiquette. And I’ve found some pretty fantastic information and useful tips. But I was blown away with what I learned from reading The Bride’s Survival Guide by Sharon Naylor.
9781598698176
(Photo by Google Images)
Because the book was published just this year, it’s fresh and modern. And while most wedding books tell you what TO DO to create a perfect day, few tell you what NOT TO DO to have a perfect wedding. And for that very reason, this book was unlike any other one I’ve read yet. It’s broken down into chapters addressing every topic from attire, to food, to hair and makeup, to etiquette and beyond. Within these chapters are a total of 150 common mistakes that brides commonly make with great tips on how you can avoid them. Each mistake even gets a rating based on how detrimental it can be to the outcome of your wedding. I was quite surprised to find that I have been making some of the very mistakes this book warns about–and I thought I already knew everything there was to know about wedding planning after exploring so many resources!
I definitely recommend this book to anyone planning a wedding, helping plan a wedding, or even thinking about weddings. It’s a quick, fun read, and you’ll definitely get your money’s-worth of information!

No comments:

Post a Comment