Sunday, February 21

My Untraditional Wedding Guest "Book"


It’s been a while coming, but I’m finally getting around to blogging about our guest book… which actually isn’t even a book at all. If you’ve read my blog about our unity ceremony, you know that I’m the type of unconventional bride that is all about transforming typical wedding traditions into more realistic, reusable ideas. Personally, I don’t see myself looking through the guest book more than twice after the big day considering a simple list of signatures on a page isn’t exactly endearing. So I decided to do some research to find different creative ways that brides have substituted for the typical guest “book” that guests sign before the ceremony.
As revealed in a recent blog about DIY ideas, I decided to set up a time capsule for guests to predict the future for my fiance and I, five, ten, and fifteen years from now. On this same table, I plan to have a vinyl record by Ben Harper that includes the song of our chosen first dance. Our wedding party will have the opportunity to sign the actual record with a metallic permanent marker, and the rest of our guests will sign on the white outer border that will go around the record once it has been matted and framed. We’ll reserve the bottom portion of the white border to include the lyrics to our first dance song. This way, we’ll not only have the signatures of all of the wedding attendants, but we’ll also have a beautiful, interesting way to forever display the memory of our first dance in our home. Here’s the image that served as my inspiration:
 
(Photo Credit: Google Images)
Any other creative, unique ideas for guest book substitutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment