Sunday, February 21

My Top 10 Registry Picks


If you love shopping as much as I do, it’s safe to say that creating the wedding registry is one of the most enjoyable parts of this whole planning process. How many times in your life do you get to go on a shopping spree, at any store you wish, making a list of anything you’ve ever wanted?! It’s funny though because initially I wasn’t very excited about the registry. I don’t like asking for money or gifts. (That’s not to say I don’t like getting them… who doesn’t?) I just feel uncomfortable making a long, expecting list of items because it makes me feel greedy. So I had to call my Mom and talk to her about my dilemma, ask her whether it was acceptable if my registry requested a $500 set of All-Clad pans and a $250 single piece of luggage. She put it to me this way: “It’s a wish list that you will only get to create once in your lifetime.” A wish list. I liked the sound of that. Made it seem a little less demanding, less like I expected to be showered with required gifts. She also made a good point, that I would rather get things that I want or need as opposed to a coffee pot that I already have or a toaster oven that I would never use. So once she helped me clear my conscience, I was able to really have fun with the idea of being able to shop for my “wish list”. I found a fine china set that I totally fell in love with and realized there were a few household items I would LOVE to have, but have never set aside the money to buy. So… here are the TOP TEN items that I was so excited to add to our registry!
1 – Lenox Simply Fine ‘Chirp’ 4-Piece Place Setting
2 – The Sharper Image Super Juicer
3 – Hoover Deep Cleaning SteamVac
4 – Progressive Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier
5 – Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Stay or Go Slow Cooker
6 – Delsey Signature Platinum Trolley Tote
7 – Stainless Steel 20-Jar Spice Rack
8 – Lenox Simply Fine ‘Chirp’ Crystal Wine Glasses
9 – Wamsutta Perfection Robin’s Egg Blue Bath Towel Set and Contemporary Home Chinese Red Towel Set
10 – Wine Bottle Wall Ledge in Black
(All photos taken from bedbathandbeyond.com and target.com)
What were your favorite items to register for?

No comments:

Post a Comment